Friday, March 10, 2017

Welcome!!

Hi everybody,

Welcome to my blog. New to the blogging world, so hang with me.

This blog is to document my experiences as a new pediatric physical therapist. I'll share about different diagnoses I see, inform anyone on gross motor milestones and ways to help achieve them, talk about treatment interventions, and lots more.

I've worked with children for over a decade as a ballet teacher. At the dance studio, I worked with children from ages 4-18, but never had any experience working with children in a physical therapy setting until my last clinical rotation in PT school. I had the opportunity to spend four months in an outpatient pediatric clinic that also had contracts with nearby school districts and Regional Center for home-based early intervention. This was by far the most challenging rotation I had (let's not mention the whole hand, foot, mouth fiasco) but it was also the most rewarding. Learning in a multidisciplinary environment with speech and occupational therapists taught me more than I could learn in school.

After passing my board exam in Fall 2016, I began working as a contract physical therapist in outpatient pediatrics. In my current position, I work with primarily school-aged children and adolescents beginning to transition to adult care.

Thanks for visiting and following my journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment